Presidential Nominating Process No. 238A
ADA calls on the Democratic National Committee to reform the presidential nominating process by taking the following steps:
- No caucus state may begin its presidential nominating process before March 1.
- No primary state may begin its presidential nominating process before April 1.
- Caucus states may conduct their process at any time between March 1 and mid-June.
- From April 1 to mid-June, the DNC shall assign a certain number of specific dates - perhaps 6 - for the holding of presidential primaries in such a manner as to prevent the front-loading of the nomination process. The states selected will be rotated quadrenially so no state or groups of states would always be first.
- Only a limited number of delegates should be elected in, or bound by, the primaries on any given date.
# # #
Political and Governmental Commission